Keycloak Instagram Identity Provider
Keycloak Instagram Identity Provider allows users to log in to custom applications using their Instagram credentials easily. This integration typically utilizes OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect, which are standard protocols for authentication and authorization.
The steps to configure Instagram Identity Provider is as follows:
1. Login into your facebook developers account. Here is the link: https://developers.facebook.com
2. Then create a new app. Select "My Apps" from the menu and then click "Create App". Name you App and provide email id and name.
3. Now, login into your Instagram account or create and account. You must be registered with Instagram to get a Client ID and Client Secret.
4. Now go back to your Facebook app and then click on App Settings->Basic then on scroll to the bottom and click Add Platform button. Then on the popup choose "Website". Then enter your website url and other details and then press save changes.
5. Go to app your app dashboard then click on Add Product from Products section. Then choose Instagram Graph API product. You’ll need Basic Display, click Create New App.
6. After completing this step, you’ll finally get your Instagram App ID (or client_id) and App Secret (or client_secret). To use them, you’ll have to configure some of the settings.
7. Fill in all the required fields by following the below explanations:
- Display Name - the name of the app you have just created.
- Valid OAuth Redirect URIs - your website URL.
- Deauthorize Callback URL and Data Deletion Request Callback URL - type in your website URL once again. You’ll have to change these fields’ entities later, but by now it will be enough to have this info for testing purposes.
- App Review - ignore this section for now since we are not going to go live with our created app.
8. Go to Roles tab and scroll down to the Instagram Testers section. Click Add Instagram Testers and enter your Instagram account’s username. Send an invitation.
9. Accept the invitation in the settings of your Instagram account. Navigate to the Apps and Websites section, choose Testers Invites and click Accept.
10. The next step is to authorize your new test user and, finally, get Client ID and Client secret.
11. Now login to your keycloak account and select Realm, Identity Providers from the menu, then add you Redirect URI, Client ID, Client Secret and press save.
That's it. You have configured Instagram as a Identity Provider in Keycloak. Congratulations!!!!!!